Friday, August 20, 2010

Incomplete

1 Corinthians 13:12 "All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God now knows me completely." this scripture is a good reminder of the fact that none of us have all the answers. Paul the great apostle said "all that I now know is partial and incomplete", none of us have completely arrived. We are all still growing and learning and discovering the truths of God and our own hearts/lives.

It still amazes me when God shows me something in my heart that just moments before I didn't know was there. Pride, jealousy, fear, or insecurity that was hiding below the surface of my own heart and then in a moment God makes known what was unknown. So many times we think we have it all together, that we know all the answers and then life comes at us from an unexpected angle and the hard cold truth of 1 Corinthians 13:12 hits us right between then eyes; I don't have all the answers. But it is at that moment that we realize why we all need Jesus, none of us have arrived and we all need a savior

1 comment: