Friday, August 6, 2010

Do It Afraid

Ezra 3:3 "Even though the people were afraid of the local residents, they rebuilt the altar..." Joyce Meyer says that sometimes "you have to do it afraid", if we are going to live a life of faith, then we are going to have to overcome our fears. And many times the fear remains present until you actually do what God has asked you to do. You can not wait until you feel no fear to do what God has asked, you have to do it afraid and trust God to make a way even when you don't see how it is going to work. After all isn't that what walking by faith is all about, trusting in God, not in what you see or feel. The Israelites were afraid of the local residents but they rebuilt the alter of God, even though they were afraid. They confronted their fear and stepped into the will of God for their lives and we must do the same. Don't allow fear to control your life, step out in faith upon God's Word and you won't be disappointed.

1 comment:

  1. Keith,
    Thanks for sharing this message today. It's such a good reminder to me -- and everyone -- about a life of faith. Faith is not the absence of fear, and I forget that too much. When I feel afraid, I too often internalize that fear as doubt in the strength of my beliefs, which sets me even further back from God's path for me.

    "Do it afraid." That's good advice.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete