Thursday, February 14, 2013

Never Alone

2 Timothy 4:16-17 "The first time I was brought before the judge, no one came with me. Everyone abandoned me. May it not be counted against them. 17 But the Lord stood with me and gave me strength so that I might preach the Good News in its entirety for all the Gentiles to hear. And he rescued me from certain death"

I was reminded this morning, that on Valentines Day there are many people who will be alone or at least feel alone. Unfortunately holidays like Valentines has an amazing way of making people that are single, not in a relationship or those who are unable to be with their spouse, to feel like they are all alone and unloved. But nothing could be further from the truth! If you are a Christian then you are never alone, Paul in the scripture above talks about going before a judge, being tried for his faith and everyone abandoned him, no one came with him but he says "The Lord stood with me and gave me strength."

This is my prayer today for every person who feels alone. I pray that your eyes would be opened to The Lord Who Stands With You and will never leave you and that he will give you strength to do his will. I bind the spirit of loneliness and break its power from off your life and I release his peace and presence to fill your life. I also pray that God would bring godly people into your life and that he would give you the desires of your heart as you live a life that pleases him. In Jesus Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment