Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The People Trap

Proverbs 29:25 "Fearing people is a dangerous trap, but trusting the Lord means safety."

I want you to say this with me "I will not fear people, because I choose to trust the Lord", didn't that feel good. I will not fear people, why? Because the scripture teaches us that it is a trap. When you live in fear of people, you become a people pleaser and you get trapped. You get trapped by their expectations and ideas, that are constantly changing. The people pleaser trap has no end and will suck the joy out of your life.

The only way to break free from the trap is to choose to trust the Lord. To recognize that he is your source, not people. When you begin to trust the Lord, you begin to live your life with purpose. What is your purpose, to please God.

Which really isn't as difficult as you may think. First of all, he has given us his word that never changes. He has offered Jesus to pay for all your sins and mistakes and he has given you the Holy Spirit to live in you and empower you to do what pleases God.

So I challenge you today to come out of the trap and start to enjoy the freedom that comes from trusting in the Lord. Let say it one more time "I will not fear people, because I choose to trust the Lord", just saying it makes me smile. Have a Blessed Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment