Wednesday, February 23, 2011

All For The Glory of God

1 Corinthians 10
Verse 32-11:1 "So whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. 32  Don’t give offense to Jews or Gentiles or the church of God. 33  I, too, try to please everyone in everything I do. I don’t just do what is best for me; I do what is best for others so that many may be saved. 11:1 And you should imitate me, just as I imitate Christ."

Paul said that we should do all things for the glory of God and that we should not offend Jew, Gentile or the Church. But that we should try to please everyone so that many will be saved. When Paul said please everyone I don't believe he was talking about meeting the personal convictions of all people, but he was talking about the cultural standards of the Jew, the Gentile and the Church.

Our goal is to influence as many people as possible for the sake of the Gospel and for the sake of their souls. So what does that mean, it means that I should respect the cultural standards of all people. If I immediately offend them because of something that has no eternal value, like customs or food then I will not be able to reach them with the Gospel. Maturity means being able to do what is best for others not just for your self. The bottom line is not my preference but the souls of men.

No comments:

Post a Comment