Tuesday, January 4, 2011

His Pleasure

Revelation 4:11 "Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honor and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created."

We were created for his pleasure, to bring him delight. We were created to cause him to rejoice and celebrate, to fill his heart with joy and gladness. We were created for his pleasure, and nothing delights the heart of God like intimacy with his children, when we run to him, love him, serve him, celebrate him and receive love from him; we bring him pleasure.

As a parent I recognize that no one can bring me greater joy than my children. Their smiles, successes and silly ways tickle my heart and bring me pleasure, and so it is with God. So today make it you goal to be close to God, run to him, love him, receive from him and serve him, because you were created for his pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment