Monday, November 8, 2010

Out With The Old

Hebrews 9
Verse 10-13 "For that old system deals only with food and drink and various cleansing ceremonies-physical regulations that were in effect only until a better system could be established. Under the old system, the blood of goats and bulls and the ashes of a young cow could cleanse people’s bodies from ceremonial impurity. Just think how much more the blood of Christ will purify our consciences from sinful deeds so that we can worship the living God."

Out with the old and in with the new, but a new what? A new system of redemption, reconciliation and restoration. A new system through which we can approach God and appropriate all that God has for us. A system that unlocks the spiritual and takes us into the supernatural works of Jesus Christ. A system established through the blood of Jesus Christ and his sacrifice for our sins. A system motivated by faith and not works, a system that purifies our hearts and not just our bodies. A system that is eternal not just temporal. A system that invites us into an intimate relationship with God and empowers us to share with others the wonderful works of God.

But like every system, you must work the system or the system won't work for you. Many Christians are still approaching God through the old system, they believe they are saved by faith but everything else flows through works and they are wrong. Not only are they wrong but they are frustrated and judgmental of everyone that doesn't do what they do.They promise freedom, but they are not free themselves. Their system doesn't work but they refuse to acknowledge it. They spend their time pointing out what others are doing wrong, criticizing the methods of other churches or Christians, all the while their lives are powerless and unfruitful. Beware of critical spirits because they are usually connected to fruitless lives. Jesus said you will know a tree by it's fruit, so ask your self, if I am connected to the right system where is the fruit? Are people being saved, are Christian growing and maturing in the faith and are we destroying the works of the devil. Are marriages being restored, families being made whole and live being eternally changed?

Being unfruitful doesn't mean that a church or a Christian is bad or evil, it simply means that they are operating out of an old system that doesn't work anymore. It may mean that the philosophy of ministry is rooted in tradition, instead of the word of God. It may mean that you are focusing on pruning fruit, instead of dealing with the root issues in peoples lives. Jesus brought a new and a living way, a new system through which the kingdom of God is established in the lives of people. If we will work the system, the system will work for us

1 comment:

  1. For many years I was in bondage to the deception of a "hybrid gospel", by grace I was saved through faith, while at the same time being preached "the law" and being judged by "religion" for my behavior. To keep my salvation was dependent on "my works", being told what I HAD to do and what NOT to do, which is impossib...le no matter how hard I TRIED. It kept me in fear, shame, quilt and feeling UNWORTHY, thinking God was always mad at me if I was not PERFECT.... But THE TRUTH HAS SET ME FREE!!! Jesus came to do away with "the law", the old covenant, providing a NEW COVENANT, He became my sin, my fear, my shame, my guilt, my unworthiness, my sickness, etc..... He redeemed me and reconciled me to THE FATHER, He made me RIGHTEOUS!!!! He became my past , present and future sins....PERIOD!!! I am just as righteous in God's eyes as Jesus..... JUSTIFICATION...just as if I never sinned. Romans 5:1-21; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Gal 2:21; Heb 8:7-13, 10:10-18; .....more to come

    ReplyDelete