Tuesday, October 26, 2010

More

Jeremiah 50 Verse 38 "And why? Because the whole land is filled with idols, and the people are madly in love with them."

God used Babylon to bring judgment to his people Israel and now he is judging Babylon. Why is God judging Babylon, because the whole land is filled with idols and the people are madly in love with them. Babylon went from being an instrument of judgment to being the recipient of judgment because they failed to recognize and worship God. They had plenty of chances to turn to the Lord. They saw the miracle power of God with Shadrach, Meshack and Abednego; they saw the sustaining power and the wisdom of God through Daniel but they kept turning back to idols.

I wonder are we as Americans guilty of the same, we have seen Gods power, miracles and wisdom but as a nation we keep turning back to worthless idols that have no power and as Americans many are madly in love with them. We will pay thousands of dollars for a ticket to a football game, we will stand in lines for hours to see our favorite singer and we will drive for an hour to eat at our favorite restaurant, but when it comes to God, if it is not convenient, comfortable and easy most people step away from the challenge of living a radical life for God and settle for Sunday Morning Christianity.

I don't know about you but I want more, more than powerless idols, I desire a relationship with a supernatural God that can part the sea, hold the sun and rain manna out of heaven. I desire a relationship with God that empowers me with his authority and releases me to work the works of God and even greater than what Jesus did. I desire an intimate relationship with God that draws me into his arms and allows me to feel the heartbeat of my heavenly Father and this relationship that I desire and I believe many of you desire is what God offers us through Jesus. It is ours for the taking, God has placed the cookies on the bottom shelf and he says whosoever will let him come, drink, eat and be filled with the goodness and grace of a loving Father that desires to draw you unto himself. So what are you waiting for, turn from those worthless idols and run to your heavenly Father and let him sweep you up into his loving arms

1 comment: