Monday, September 13, 2010

Send Me

Isaiah 6
Verse 5-8 "Then I said, “It’s all over! I am doomed, for I am a sinful man. I have filthy lips, and I live among a people with filthy lips. Yet I have seen the King, the Lord of Heaven’s Armies.” Then one of the seraphim flew to me with a burning coal he had taken from the altar with a pair of tongs. He touched my lips with it and said, “See, this coal has touched your lips. Now your guilt is removed, and your sins are forgiven.” Then I heard the Lord asking, “Whom should I send as a messenger to this people? Who will go for us?” then I said here I am send me."

How did Isaiah go from "it's all over, I am doomed" to "here i am send me"? The answer is forgiveness and the removal of guilt from his life, when the angel touched him with the coal and removed his guilt and forgave his sins something changed. And it is that same something that has to happen in our lives, as long as a person is still dead in their sins, consumed by the guilt of their past they are doomed. But the forgiveness and grace of God cleanses us from our sin and removes the guilt so that we too like Isaiah can have the courage and faith to boldly declare to God "here I am send me". Many Christians are still bound by the sins of their past and held prisoner by guilt and shame, but Jesus's blood is greater and more powerful than all your sin, guilt and shame. Cry out to him today and he will remove your guilt, heal your heart and forgive your sins and like Isaiah you can boldly say, "here I am send me

1 comment:

  1. Praise God for FREEDOM!! His grace covers all I do. Here I am Lord...SEND ME---us... im a 6pack deal! ;)

    ReplyDelete