Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Waiting

In Psalm 40:1-2 David says "I waited patiently for the Lord to help me and he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out of the mud and mire. He set my feet on solid ground and steadied me as I walked along" One of the hardest things for us to do is wait, because when we are waiting we feel out of control and powerless over our circumstances. Yet it is in the waiting that we learn how to trust God to do for us what we can not do ourselves. I have learned that the key to peaceful waiting, is knowing in whom you have believed. When we know that "he is for us and not against us" and we know that he came so that we might "have life and have it more abundantly" and that he is "working all things together for our good", then waiting becomes easier and trusting Him makes sense, because why wouldn't we trust someone who loves us enough to give his son as a sacrifice for our sins.

No comments:

Post a Comment